Views:8515 Author:Alice Publish Time: 2021-01-26 Origin:https://www.downtheroadbrewery.com/
The brewing method of the beer in the restaurant is strictly following the German tradition and ancient brewing law, so that the fresh beer has a unique taste smooth and comfortable, and retains the original characteristic flavor of the beer.
Water: The most important ingredient in beer, it must be pure, colorless and tasteless
Malt: Malt used in beer is mainly derived from barley and wheat
Hops: are the main source of beer flavor.
Yeast: a fungus that breaks down sugars in the wort into alcohol and carbon dioxide.
Brewing is a six-step process that takes about 28 working days to complete
Beer brewing process:
1. Mashing -- The malt is ground into mash and the mashed wort is transported through a conveyor pipe to a filter tank
2. Lautering -- Separate the wort from the grains in this filter tank
3. Add hops in the boiling/Whirlpool -- transfer to the Boiling tank and steam for about 70 minutes at a temperature of 100 ℃. After adding hops,whirlpool to get clear wort after cooking.
4.Cooling -- The wort will be lowered to 10-12 ℃ by the plate heat exchanger and then put into the fermenters
5.Fermentation -- The wort is thoroughly cooled and fermented in a Fermentation VAT. Yeast is added for Fermentation, which takes about 6 days to complete.
6.Aging tank - Aging Storage is a necessary step before beer maturation. It takes about 3 weeks for beer maturation to be carried out in a cask of 0 degrees Celsius. The color and unique flavor of beer will be developed in this step and will be transported to the kegs for consumer serve after beer maturation
1. How to control the beer pH in the brewing process
The pH of beer depends mainly on the following four factors
(1) Buffering capacity of beer;
(2) the composition and properties of acids in beer, the concentration and ionization degree of each acid;
(3) the proportion of acid radicals saturated by the base;
(4) the concentration of mineral cation contained in beer;
2.The influence of pH on beer quality and flavor
When the pH of beer is controlled to 4.3-4.4, the taste and flavor of beer will be light, soft and harmonious. Beer tastes sour when the pH is below 4.0. Only the appropriate total acid and pH value, can give the beer soft, fresh, lively taste and good foam and aroma.
Beer acidity is also related to beer Co2 power, that is, beer with sufficient CO2, acidity is more obvious and refreshing. At the same time, taste acidity is also related to the drinker's sensitivity to acid and threshold.
In addition to the above factors, pH control measures in the brewing process can also be controlled from the following points
(1) Choose the high quality malt with good dissolution and appropriate total acid content, and give the wort enough buffering capacity to get a higher leaching rate. The general requirement of pale malt wort pH is 5.55-6.05.
(2) The brewing water was softened to control the residual alkalinity <1.78mmol/L.
(3)Adjust the concentration of Ca2+, add phosphoric acid, lactic acid and other preparations, and adjust the pH of mash and waste water. It is better to biologically acidify the mash and wort to make the taste pure and soft.
(4) The feeding temperature of 45-50 ℃ is conducive to the decomposition of phosphate and protein, improve the buffer capacity of wort, and prepare wort which is conducive to yeast proliferation.
(5) The pH value of the finished beer with fresh and vigorous yeast can reach the ideal value by screening the yeast strains with suitable acid producing range and controlling the quality of the recovered yeast.
(6) Develop a reasonable fermentation process, increase the degree of fermentation to 66-68%, and minimize the difference between the final degree of fermentation and the finished degree of fermentation.
1. PH value is an important control index, which not only affects the brewing process and production cost of beer, but also affects the quality, flavor and colloidal stability of the finished beer.
2. In the production process, there are many factors that will affect the pH of beer. It is necessary to combine energy consumption, production efficiency, beer flavor and other aspects to develop a reasonable process, in order to better control the pH value of process products and finished beer.
3. The influence and function of pH value in beer brewing and the relationship between pH value and other quality indexes of beer need to be further studied.
If you want to develop your beer project, not only need to understand the brewing process of beer, but also the details of the equipment configuration. The picture above is the brewing system we produced, with two vessel tanks and a hot water tank. Of course, this is only part of brewing. If it is a complete set of equipment, it should also include crushing, fermentation, refrigeration, control, etc.
To get a quotation,please contact Alice,and email:email@example.com