Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-03-30 Origin: Site
The main purpose of malt crushing is to break open the husk, expose the endosperm inside the malt and pulverize it into more and smaller soluble substances in order to produce more wort; maintain the integrity of the husk and try to break the husk. Not broken. Malt crushing is the first process in the beer brewing process. Although this step looks simple, there are also many precautions. If you don't pay attention, it may have a certain impact on beer brewing. The following is the malt crushing process. Some notes:
1. The malt must be pulverized before saccharification. The malt humidification (wet type) softens the malt grains, so that the wheat husks are easy to fall off from the wheat grains. Smaller than fully crumbled wheat husks.
2. The quality of malt has a certain influence on crushing. Well-dissolved malt has loose endosperm tissue, and endosperm material has been well and properly decomposed, and is rich in hydrolase, which is convenient for saccharification, and the malt can be crushed coarsely. Poorly dissolved malt, the endosperm is hard, and saccharification is difficult, so the malt should be finely crushed.
3. Malt storage malt with insufficient water absorption (≤4%) is too brittle and easy to be crushed; malt with more than 10% moisture is easy to be crushed into flakes and cannot reach the appropriate degree of crushing.
4. Break the malt to keep the integrity of the bark as much as possible. The crushing of malt can increase the specific surface area, which is beneficial to the action of biological enzymes contained in the malt, accelerates the dissolution of substances in the saccharification process, shortens the saccharification time, improves the yield, and makes the automatic operation of the saccharification process in the best state.
5. Control the roller spacing during the crushing process. Generally, the roller spacing is 0.4-0.8 mm. Too fine crushing will increase the dissolution of harmful substances in the husk, which will affect the quality of beer and increase the difficulty of wort filtration; too coarse crushing will affect the effective components of malt The utilization of wort reduces the extraction rate of wort. The endosperm should be crushed as finely as possible to facilitate more efficient leaching of the alcohol and sugars required for brewing beer.
6. The pulverized malt increases the surface area, and the soluble substances are easily leached, which is also conducive to the action of enzymes, which further decomposes the insoluble substances in the malt. Malt humidification (wet) crushing is not a simple mechanical process, but also a process in which part of the malt undergoes biochemical reactions.
7. The raw materials should be fed in time after crushing, and the time of malt crushing and feeding should be shortened as much as possible, especially in summer with high temperature.
8. After the crushing is completed, rinse the entire crushing equipment to keep the crusher clean, which can prevent the stimulation of microorganisms and affect the next use.
I hope it will be helpful to you. If you have any suggestions or doubts, you can leave a message to DEGONG equipment.