High Quality Products Can Be Purchased.
You are here: Home » News » Does beer have sugar?

Does beer have sugar?

Views: 23     Author: Site Editor     Publish Time: 2022-12-29      Origin: Site

Sugar in Beer

To start our learning process, it’s safe to say that beer does have sugar but not in that sense. As we all know, sugar is the simplest form of carbohydrate and is made up of different types. Beer has two different types of sugar, which are disaccharides and oligosaccharides.

The disaccharides in beer, also known as maltose, are the fermentable sugar that is converted into alcohol during brewing. It takes up to 80% of the beer, while the other 20% is the oligosaccharides.

The latter is a type of sugar that the body cannot digest, so it doesn’t hold as much weight as other types of sugar. However, it contains many prebiotic fibers, which are suitable for our gut.

If you’re checking through the list of ingredients, you may see no sugar there. This might confuse you, but know that the sugar in beer is produced by the barley malt ferment or beer gravity.


Nutritional Facts about Beer

Before diving deeper into beer and sugar, we must first find the nutritional facts about beer. Most of the time, these are available in the can’s label with a table showing all the contents of the beer you’re drinking. Suppose you are curious about what’s in your beer. In that case, you may check the table below for the average nutritional content of a single can of beer.

Calories 102.7
Carbohydrates 5.8 grams
Sugar 0.3 grams
Sodium 14.2 milligrams
Protein 0.8 grams
Potassium 74.3 milligrams
Water 335.9 grams
Calcium 14.2 milligrams
Phosphorous 42.5 milligrams
Folate 21.2 milligrams
Iron 0.1 milligram
Magnesium 17.7 milligrams
Selenium 1.4 milligrams
Choline 31.2 milligrams
Fluoride 160.4 milligrams
Vitamin B2 0.1 milligram
Vitamin B3 1.4 milligrams
Vitamin B6 0.1 milligram
Vitamin B12 0.1 milligram

Brewery - Chemicals - Chocolate - Cosmetics - Pharmacy - Industry - Agriculture - Food - Dairy
  • Whatsapp
    Fax: +86 186 1518 5568
  • Email
  • Phone
    Toll Free: +86 531 58780867