DOWN THE ROAD BEER CO. IS OFFICIALLY OPENING TO THE PUBLIC
This has been a long time coming, we know, but it turns out opening a massive brewery and taproom so close to Boston (or anywhere, for that matter) isn’t exactly easy. After years of blood, sweat, and beers (fine, some tears, too) we are exceedingly happy to announce that Down The Road Beer Co. is officially opening to the public.
The brand new space, located at 199 Ashland Street in Everett (across the street from the Wynn Boston Harbor casino) is a testament to founder and brewmaster Donovan Bailey’s love of, and obsession with, producing inspired craft beer across a wide spectrum of styles. With dozens of taplines, a state-of-the-art brewhouse currently churning 4,500 bbls. annually, and comfortable space for you and 210 of your closest new friends, it’s an inclusive and accessible destination for those looking for good food and drink in an atmosphere that’s light on pretension and high on fun.
“The mantra for Down The Road, from the beginning, has been to offer a craft beer experience — whether you’re a certified #beersnob or just dabbling — that’s fresh, local and inspired,” says Bailey. “From the beer to the entertainment to the atmosphere, we aim to be your neighborhood watering hole no matter where you live.”
DTR Beer Co. has been shipping beer to hundreds of accounts throughout Massachusetts since 2015, but the plan has always been to anchor the company in a taproom and brewery all our own. With this launch, we’re finally doing it, and we’ve got to be honest here: it feels pretty damn good.
We know taprooms are sprouting up in a neighborhood near you faster than you can say “Pukwudgie.” That’s great. But while we love (and frequent!) the many fantastic breweries within striking distance of our new digs, there are some features of our own we’d like to call out:
- Breadth of styles. From our Undine DIPA to our Rasenmaher Kolsch, Darkest Night Imperial Stout to Citra Pukwudgie (and many, many more), there is truly something here for every palate.
- Brand new beer. We'll be pouring some new beers for the opening, including Citra Pukwudgie, Peach Feyborn Berliner Weisse and Wolfgeist Dunkel Lager.
- Elbow room. We love a good hole in the wall taproom, we really do, but this is not that. Our 2,500-square-foot taproom currently has seats for 211 thirsty imbibers, with plenty of standing room aside. And don’t worry about muscling your way through to place an order — our 35-foot bar can accommodate, and we’ve got servers making the rounds, too.
- Retro arcade. Thaaat’s right … we’ve got a full-blown pinball arcade. And we’re not talking a couple dusty machines stuffed in some corner, either. No ma'am. We’ve got some of the most coveted games on the planet — like The Addams Family, Scared Stiff and Twilight Zone, restored to pristine condition and just begging for a new high score.
- Food stuffs. For those times when beer won’t suffice and you actually need to eat something, there are bar snacks aplenty and a revolving cast of incredible food trucks parked conveniently out front.
- Non-alcoholic treats! We don’t use exclamation points often, but this is important. We’ve got a separate tap tower pouring delicious things not containing booze, like cold-brewed coffee, kombucha, root beer, and more.
- One-offs. We’re not brewing beer on a pedestal around, but you better know if you make the trip to the taproom you’ll likely be met with some #dtrbeer you’ve never seen before … and may never see again.
- Swag. Drinking great beer with a smile on your face is what we’re all about. But you might as well look good while doing it, right? Check out the merch shop for that perfect DTR Beer Co. hat, hoodie or T-shirt you didn’t know you wanted (needed?) until now.
- And parking. Plenty of parking.
We are thrilled to officially be open to the public, offering the following beers on draft. This list will continuously change, so check the site and social media often.
- Golden City NEIPA
- Spring Heel Jack London Porter (special vintage edition)
- Rasenmaher Kolsch
- Reynard's Witbier
- Seventh Star IPA
- Dreamtime NEIPA
- Peach Feyborn Berliner
- Wolfgeist Dunkel Lager Dunkel Lager
- Hooligan Nut Brown Ale
- Pukwudgie American Pale Ale
Head to our Facebook page for more #GODTR details and be sure to follow us on social media.